Please have your shoes taken to a reputable shoe repair service that specializes in Italian leather goods. Extra shoe heels/laces are included in your Mia Becar box.
- Calf-Skin, Full-Grain Leather
You can treat the material yourself in three easy steps:
You will experience better results if you wait at least 10 minutes between each step. This allows the leather to absorb the product better.
- Cleaning – Proper cleaning requires two instruments: a brush and a liquid shoe cleaner. You should use only a brush made from horsehair. Horsehair is soft enough that it does not damage the surface, yet probing enough that it removes the dust and dirt that collects on the street.
- Moisturizing – You can find a variety of leather moisturizers on the market, primarily in black, brown and neutral colors. For better long-term results, we recommend using a neutral shade on new shoes. New shoe leather is unflawed and a neutral-colored moisturizer maintains the leather’s natural color. Applying a colored hue over the top can change the leather’s natural appearance permanently.
- If a shoe, however, has acquired a scratch, please use a colored moisturizer to conceal it. You can use a black moisturizer to conceal a surface blemish on a black shoe, for example.
- The best moisturizing applicators also are made of horsehair. Please dip your brush into the moisturizer and begin applying it from the back of the shoe first, and working forward, applying moisturizer evenly over the shoe’s entire surface.
- Waxing – Many moisturizers typically include wax as an ingredient. Please use another large, soft horsehair brush to burnish the leather and bring out its shine. For additional shine, please use a cloth made of cotton, silk or another smooth textile. Keep stroking the shoe until the shine emerges.
- Laminated Leather
Laminated leather features a foil surface with a metal-material finish, which limits its capacity to absorb cleaners and moisturizers.
Please clean your laminated-leather shoes, but do not moisturize them.
To clean laminated leather, please use an extremely soft horsehair brush. If the surface becomes scratched, it cannot be repaired.
For additional shine, please use a soft silk or cotton cloth to burnish the surface of the entire shoe.
- Suede Leather
Suede’s capacity for absorption is quite high. Please do not use a moisturizer or wax on suede. Use a liquid cleaner and apply it carefully and uniformly.
Use a stiff brush to clean the suede and then comb the surface to remove the dirt.
Apply your perfume or lotions before you put your shoes on.
In order to avoid any damage, we suggest to keep your shoes away from water.
We highly recommend storing your shoes in their separate dust bags.